#80 | SM TOWN




This has dragged on for too long lmao. 
I procrastinated for 3 years, from 2015 till 2018.
It is finally up today

A disclaimer before I start writing anything.
Photos in this post are taken from 2015 & 2018.
I'm using photos from my 2 visits to SMTOWN because
I didn't take much photos during my 2nd visit...

For those who don't know, SMTOWN Coex Atrium is a place for SM fans to purchase official merchandise of their favourite SM idols like NCT, SHINee, Red Velvet, Girls Generation etc. The building, consists of 5 levels including, a gift shop, cafe and theatre. The company also opened SM TOWN Museum, a place where fans can look at the stories & trainee days of their favourite SM idols. 

Address: 

06164 513, Yeong-daero, Gangnam gu, Seoul, Korea

How to get there:

Take the subway to Samsung/Samseong Station and Exit via Exit 5/6. Once you climb up the stairs at the exit, you will see the building immediately. 

2F ; GIFT SHOP:














There are actually more photographs of the gift shop but I'm not going to use them all in this post because I want to keep it for my instagram posts. If you wanna see more photos of the gift shop, visit my instagram to take a look. 

The gift shop is a heaven for fangirls. I would buy a lot of merchandise back in 2015 when I first visited SM TOWN Coex Atrium. However, in 2018 when I visited the building for the second time, I didn't buy anything from the gift shop since most merchandise of my favourite groups were out of stocks/old stocks. 

I would say that the prices there are reasonable and cheaper than buying it online and having it shipped internationally. Most of the items go out of stocks quickly, especially if it is limited edition. If the item you want is not available, just approach the staff and ask about the restock (sometimes, they might have a rough idea on when it will be restocked) and then come back another day for it.

When I was there, most of the merchandise were out of stocks. I wanted to get Jaehyun's cover for NCT's album but it was out of stocks. Even the SHINee merchandise I wanted to buy were out of stocks as well. There were little new merchandise for the older groups, the goods were very similar to the ones I saw in 2015. Also, there wasn't much new goods being released. I feel that SM put way more effort in the museum than the gift shop now. I just wish SM would release newer goods for all their artists and restock them regularly... (Wishing that they would treat their non-korean artists better too) 

3F ; SMTOWN MUSEUM:



I can't blog much about SM TOWN Museum because I didn't explore that area.  SM TOWN Museum is located on the 3rd floor. You'll have to purchase tickets to enter the museum but I didn't due to time constrain. The tickets cost about SGD 22 (18,000 won). But you can get cheaper tickets on Klook! 

Honestly, the museum seems like a fun place to walk through. It has different exhibitions, each show casing the history of SM artists, the stage outfits, dance practice rooms etc. It was sad that I couldn't explore the museum due to time constrain. Maybe I'll go by myself next time. 

4F ; SMTOWN CAFE:





For my 2nd trip to SM TOWN Coex Atrium, I did not buy anything from the cafe because of the time constrain and also, because I planned to spend my money on skincare and cosmetics instead (I grew up!!)  But, for my 1st visit, I bought the juice(?) that came with the bottle. I still have that bottle till today!! The cafe is a nice place to sit down and chill after spending hours exploring the gift shop, museum etc. I don't know which day to suggest going because it seems like the cafe is filled with Koreans and tourists everyday... 


These were taken outside the building. The last time I went there, TaeTiSeo (TTS) were having their winter album release and the banners put up were of that era. This time round, I am so glad that Keybum was having his solo album release because I got to see banners of his album cover being put up T_T. They were even playing his music video on the huge ass LED screen at the main entrance of the building!!! #proud. 

Having been there twice in 3 years, I guess the main difference would be the Museum. 3 years back, SM did not have the museum yet and it was just a place to get souvenirs and merchandise of your favourite idols.  3 years later, they built this museum to showcase more of the SM idols, a way for fans to know their idols more and I think that's great. 

Anyways, SM TOWN recently launched their online store - smtownandstore.com where they sell  mostly albums and merchandise of their artists. This is the best thing that has ever happened because now, international fans have easier access to official merchandise of their favourite idols. But, one thing to note is that prices are in USD and are not inclusive of shipping fees from SM to your country. (I emailed them about it...) 

Overall, I would say that SM TOWN COEX ATRIUM is a MUST visit for SM fans. You can give the museum a miss if you don't have the time. But, if you're a SM fan and you're visiting Seoul for your holidays, you MUST go visit this huge SM building. I promise you, you won't regret it. If you do have the time, then buy tickets from Klook to SM TOWN Museum. I have yet to explore the museum but from the reviews and youtube videos, it seems like a fun place to visit. 

Unfortunately, I won't be visiting SM TOWN Coex Atrium anytime soon as I'm travelling to another country this year. But I hope that the next time I visit, SM would have upgraded more things and make the place even better. 

- e n d -

the bunny pal 🐰

Popular posts from this blog

#77 | Thai Boy Love (BL) Review/Recommendations

#88 | Sem. 3.1 + Life Updates